Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A BROTHA NOT TOO LONG AGO

Not to long ago a brotha walked up to me, checking out my style, my bearings and he said something to the effect of,
"You know, I wasn't neva one of dem brothas who crossed over cause I know how to keep a sista happy." All the while holding his crotch.

So I said something to the effect of,
"Man, put that thing in your pants and your brains in your hands and throw it at the world so we can see what you got besides that rock...every woman on earth already knows it's stocked.

Blow my mind with your mind, spend some quality time telling me about the GOD in you. Do you heed when HE calls or do you just hold those balls, wait'n for the next booty call?

Can you journey with me in TRUTH'S discovery as we voyage to Mecca, togetha? On the way you can pick out my fro and smile as it grows...this natural halo that HE, has bestowed...upon me.

We'll wear our crowns, our sins we'll drown, King and Queen 'Get Down Brown'. THEN you can do what ya'll do when you do what ya'll do that makes a sista screeeeeam, lawd have mercy!"

Well, he just stared at me oddly and mumbled an incoherent response before he walked off. However, I did see him a couple of weeks later dining at a bagel and coffee shop with a white girl eating a ham sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment